I Can Hear That All the Way Over Here    |    Dear Molly    |    About Us    |    Contact    

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Oh (Baby) Boy

Dear Molly,

First off, you need to start titling your posts. Please. Thanks.

Secondly, that's all good advice regarding my summertime lazing, but to be quite honest, after four years as a member of glorified book clubs as a Lit major, I'm just about ready to keep my reading time to myself. Lazing reading.

Also: sure, I could volunteer at some organization or other, but Habitat for Humanity, really? Do you really see me wielding a nail gun? Come on, dude. Come on.

I do, however, plan on building a dollhouse this summer. Pretty badass, right? I'd also like to renovate the one we built with Gram. Fresh paint, a new roof, maybe a new floor in the kitchen, updated decor... you know, basic home renovations. I'll take pictures for you.

Anyway. Advice.

As I'm sure you know, our cousin, Jenna, is about 45 months pregnant. I'm presently looking at her lounging across the couch with a look of severe discomfort on her face. Now she just sat herself up -- after what looked like an intense amount of effort -- and she's letting out this monster exhalation akin to one you'd let out while suffering from indigestion.

She's pretty damn pregnant. It's making me uncomfortable just looking at her.

So, question: What can I do to speed up this birthing process? She's ready for that baby to be out of her. She's given him (it's a him, had you heard?) his eviction notice, but the dude just won't budge. Is pregnancy like hiccups? Can I sneak up behind her and scare the baby out of her? What about sudden, loud noises? Or maybe a bumpy car ride?

Seriously, this has got to happen. Like yesterday.

Thanks,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment