I Can Hear That All the Way Over Here    |    Dear Molly    |    About Us    |    Contact    

Monday, May 3, 2010

Hair of the Dog

Dear Kate,

It'd be nice to see that dollhouse get some work. I remember going to that dollhouse store on Primrose Hill with Gram after school. Quite honestly, it sort of gave me the creeps. Is it odd that we never had dolls for the dollhouse?

And, true, you with a nail gun is very strange picture. I guess I was more picturing myself. You know my affinity for tools. Slap a bandana on me and call me Rosie the Rivitor.

I can see you as a lifeguard, though. You'd get a wistle. And maybe even a bullhorn.

As for Jenna, I don't think you can just scare the baby out of her like a hiccup. I'm no expert or anything, but that just seems unlikely to happen. Also, I don't know if there is such a thing as in utero shaken baby syndrome (IUSBS), but I certainly wouldn't want to find out. So I wouldn't reccomend shaking it out of her. Did you know it only takes 5-10 seconds of shaking to seriously injure a baby?

Now, like I said, I'm no expert, but I hear that sex is supposed to help induce labor. It's only fitting, of course, that what got Jenna into this state, will get her out.

There are other natural ways to induce as well. Massage, spicy foods, even acupressure. Here's a website with links to information about these methods and others: link

Also, I'd like to mention that while looking up this website I came across many others and all of them said to walk. So tell Jenna to get up off her pregnant butt and take a stroll around the block every day. Let gravity do some work.

Best of luck when the thing finally pops,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment