I Can Hear That All the Way Over Here    |    Dear Molly    |    About Us    |    Contact    

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm Ready to Flat Some Swies

Dear Molly,

It's been a while again, huh? Thanks for the advice regarding Miss Jennie. I should call her, but tell her not to be offended if I don't. I have an awkward relationship with my phone. When it rings, I usually scream and throw it under the bed/couch/chair/whatever dark space happens to be nearest. And that's only when I actually hear it ring. Usually it's already hidden somewhere. So you can imagine the anxiety actually dialing a number would cause.

Moving on. Advice.

As you know, I'm moving into a new line of work. One which affords me summers off. Free time from the end of June until the beginning of September. For me, free time + summer = lazing. Hammock lazing. Lake lazing. Boat lazing. Fishing lazing. I might even wage a personal vendetta and engage in an epic, summer-long battle against those damn flies; you know, like old retired men with no grandchildren do. Fly-swatting lazing.

Question: What else can I do with all that free time? Living in Portland, a city which (at least to a New Yorker like myself) looks to be the Capital of Lazing, you must know of some new, awesome forms of lazing which I am not yet familiar with. No offense intended with that remark. Y'all certainly are a bunch of relaxers, though. And I salute you. So, enlighten me.

Thanks,
Kate

P.S. -- My lazing summers don't quite start till Summer 2011, but a girl can be prepared, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment